Bananas Blossom 1 piece
Banana blossom, also known as a “banana heart”, is a fleshy, purple-skinned flower, shaped like a tear, which grows at the end of a banana fruit cluster. Traditionally used in south-east Asian and Indian cooking, it can also be eaten raw and its chunky, flaky texture.
- Help prevents the growth of pathogenic bacteria.
- Cooked banana flowers can help deal with pain abdomen and reduces the menstrual bleeding.
- Reduces blood sugar levels.
- Contains magnesium, reduces anxiety and boosts the mood. They act as natural antidepressants.
- Contains phenolic acids, tannins, flavonoids and various other antioxidants. These antioxidants neutralize free radicals, prevent oxidative damage, and reduces the risk of heart diseases and cancer.
- Increases the breast milk secretion for the lactating mothers. It also helps to support the uterus and reduces bleeding post-delivery.
- Rich in vitamin C and a potent source of antioxidants.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF BANANA FLOWER (According to the African Journal of Biotechnology)